WALNUT STREUSEL BANANA BREAD
Honestly, this is the best banana bread I have ever made. It is so good because it has:
A nice crunch from the stresusel
a butter, nutty flavor from the streusel
it is perfectly moist
It’s bursting with banana flavor
I’ve actually made this banana bread a few times, each time tweaking something here and there to make it even better. And I think I finally have it! The perfect Streusel Banana Bread for fall.
Please make this. You won’t regret it.
Walnut Streusel Banana Bread
Makes 1 Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas (about 3 large bananas)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9in. x 5in. loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together until no clumps of flour remain.
- In a large mixing bowl combine canola oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add eggs and mix for about 1 minute on a medium speed, or until the ingredients are combined and the mixture looks light and thick.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix until just about combined. Add the mashed banana and mix until combined. Add the remaining half of the flour mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small to medium mixing bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar, oats cinnamon, salt and all purpose flour together until evenly mixed and comined. Add in walnuts and mix until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over the loaf and push the streusel very slightly into the batter.
- Bake loaf for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the loaf is set and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Allow loaf to cool completely before removing for the pan and slicing to serve.