TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BROWN BUTTER BROWNIES
Ah, the power of threes. We all learn that a triangle is the strongest shape, with each part supporting one another. But the power of three goes much beyond that. It is woven through our history, culture and way of thinking. Some of my favorite Powerful Threes are:
Rock, paper, scissors
The Three Stooges
The Pep Boys, which are not to be confused with the three stooges
The Dixie Chicks
The Three Musketeers
The Three Tenors
The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit
The Three Day Weekend
And now I am adding one more three to this list: The TRIPLE Chocolate Brown Butter Brownies. Three chocolates, three B’s, three times the goodness.
Now an essential part of this recipe is browning butter, which you can learn here!
These brownies are very good and very rich. With a super fudgy base and added textural components from the chocolate chunks and drizzle. Its a chocolate-fest in your mouth. Which, obviously, is the best type of fest.
You can find the recipe below. And Bonus Tip: Try keeping these brownies in your fridge! They will be cold and dense and extra delightful.
Triple Chocolate Brown Butter Brownies
Makes about 1 ½ dozen brownies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, browned*
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease or line an 8in. x 8in. baking pan.
- On the stovetop over medium-low heat brown butter (see instructions above).
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 45-second intervals, stirring between each interval, or on the stovetop in a double boiler over low heat while stirring constantly.
- Add brown butter and melted chocolate to a large mixing bowl and mix until combined. Add sugar and mix on a medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract on a medium speed until combined.
- Add all-purpose flour and salt and mix on a low speed or by hand with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined.
- Add dark chocolate chunks and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Bake brownies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Allow brownies to cool completely in the pan.
- While brownies are cooling, melt 1 ounce of chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler over low heat. Whisk in coconut oil and agave until coconut oil is completely melted and chocolate is shiny and smooth.
- Allow chocolate to sit for 5 minutes and then drizzle over brownies with a spoon. Allow brownies to sit for an additional 5 to 10 minutes so that the chocolate drizzle can set.
- Cut brownies into about 16 even squares to serve.