PEANUT BUTTER S'MORES TART
File this under extra rich.
A buttery crust made with Ritz Crackers and Graham Cracker Crumbs, topped with melty chocolate, fluffy whipped marshmallow creme and rich peanut butter.
And while I chose peanut butter, honestly this whipped cream base would be amazing topped with some fresh fruit or nuts. I think I am going to try a blueberry/candied walnut combo in the near future.
But for know we are sticking with the peanut butter s’mores. Recipe below.
Peanut Butter S’mores Tart
Makes 1 Tart
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, Ritz cracker crumbs and brown sugar until combined and the crust sticks together when pressed.
- Pour crust into tart pan and press until firmly packed on the bottom and up the sides. Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown and the crust is fragrant.
- Immediately top crust with chocolate chips. Let chocolate sit for about two minutes or until the chocolte looks soft and melty. Spread melted chocolate with an offset spatula evenly across the tart crust.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk heavy whipping cream on a high speed until the mixture starts to become thick. Add sugar and continue to whisk on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add marshmallow crème, ½ cup at a time, to the whipped cream and whisk on a high speed until combined after each addition.
- Spread the marshmallow whipped cream with a spatula evenly across the chocolate.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and peanut butter. Melt the butter and peanut butter over a low heat until thin and smooth. Whisk in vanilla extract until combined.
- Spoon peanut butter mixture over the whipped mashmallow crème. Slice to serve. Keep any leftovers refrigerated.