COCOA CHIA SEA SALT GRANOLA
Another easy peasy granola recipe in the books!
This is a super simple chocolate granola with cinnamon and sea salt for an extra rich, warm flavor. I LOVE getting a super salty piece.
For this granola I added chopped walnuts and pecans, but those can be replaced with any nut of your choosing. I think both cashews and hazelnuts would work nicely.
Also-for an extra chocolatey flavor feel free to add chocolate chips POST bake. If you add pre-bake they will softened and make for a messy granola, even after it cools.
Cocoa Chia Sea Salt Granola
Makes about 3 cups
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 ¼ cup Old Fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk brown sugar and cocoa powder together until no clumps of either ingredient remain.
- Add oats, chia seeds, sea salt and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Pour melted agave syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract over the oats mixture and then mix until combined with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add in chopped nuts and continue to mix until the nuts are evenly mixed.
- Pour granola onto prepared baking sheet and spread evenly so there are no large clumps of granola. This will allow the granola to bake evenly. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Allow oats to cool completely in order to full crisp before enjoying.